On 2 Dec 2003 at 11:19, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On 1 Dec 2003, at 18:49, Bernie Cosell wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to set from Perl for SQLite to wait instead of die when
> > it
> > finds the database locked?
> >
> > We've been getting a few:
> > [09:45:23] POP3< DBD::SQLite::db do failed: database is locked at ...

> It's currently hard coded at 30 seconds (you can edit dbdimp.h to
> change it if you want).

Thanks for the info but I'm a bit confused -- Are you telling me that
DBD::SQLite already does a 30-second-wait before giving you the 'locked'
error?  I guess it does [looking at dbdimp.c, I see the explicit, happens-
every-time call to sqlite_busy_timout right there].  Sigh.. that means
that there's a *serious* bug elsewhere in the code [since the DB
shouldn't be locked for more than a fraction of a second at a time]

Thanks.. now to go figure out what is REALLY wrong...

  /Bernie\

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     Pearisburg, VA