worked!!!! =))  Thank you so much!!

What I did:

- Downloaded sqlite-2.8.8.tar.gz
- Followed:

    $ tar -xzvf sqlite-2.8.8.tar.gz
    $ mkdir bld
    $ cd bld
    $ ../sqlite/configure

So far, this is what the site tells you to do...

I added these things myself to the Makefile...

    TCC = gcc -g -O2 -DTHREADSAFE=1 -DNDEBUG=1 ........
    LIBREADLINE = ....... -lpthread

Then:

    $ make
    $ cd .libs
    $ strip libsqlite.so.0.8.6

That's all. Now the libsqlite.so file is only 260K (less than half the last
size)...

May I ask??

    - Is the threadsafe really enabled by changing only those two lines in
the Makefile?
    - Isn't the libsqlite.so too small?  Haven't I stripped too much from
it??

Thank you so much again!!

Roger Reghin.