First, a happy newyear to all!!!

I have a question /problem, which I hope someone can find an answer / solution
to.

It is about rowid

Let's say I have a table looking like this

rowid, rest
1, .........
2, ........
3, ........
4, ........
5, ........
6, ........
7, ........

I delete the row where rowid = 3 and 4

What remains is this

1, .........
2, ........
5, ........
6, ........
7, ........

What I am searching for is when I retrieved Row 2, I want to go to Row 3, and find
an efficient way to do this.

What I tried is this

First go to Row 2, doesn't matter how, but I found the RowID belonging to Row 2

I want to do (what is called in Delphi way of data-access) a Next, I do this

"select rowid,..... from testtableint where rowid>2 limit 1"

I then store the RowId in a variable, and use it for the next time Next.

It works, but I wonder, is this the most efficient (quick) way to do this.

I tried to figure it out by studying the opcode, it looks good what I am doing, but
maybe someone can comment on this.

Thanks
Bert Verhees