Hello dear SQLite users.
Hello Dr. Hipp,

I've been using sqlite for quite some time now and I am a fan (thank you Dr.
Hipp).

I will try to rewrite my (unfinished) Document Management application using
SQLite and I was wondering if Full Text Search will be implemented.

I'vee seen a ticket posted by Dr. Hipp on 2003-09-03 where he got a response
from a guy who's oppinion was that Full Text Search is not useful in sqlite;
I have a different oppinion: since all major database engines implement this
feature, why should sqlite be left aside?

Regarding Full Text Search syntax, I think CONTAINS statement would be ok
(as implemented in other database engines).
So:
    SELECT * FROM Categories
        WHERE CONTAINS(CategoryDescription, 'Beverages')
    would return all the rows where column CategoryDescription contains the
word 'Beverages' :-)

    similar
    SELECT * FROM Categories
        WHERE CONTAINS(CategoryDescription, ' "Beverages" AND NOT "Whiskey"
')
    would return all the rows where column CategoryDescription contains the
word 'Beverages' and does not contain the word 'Whiskey'

Ranking return would be a cool feature. However, another feature I drewl
about would be 'highlighting hits'. For this, the position / positions in
the text where the word was found would be enough (I think).

Eagerly waiting for your answers and comments,
Sincerely,
George Ionescu