[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

A bus error is typical of a misaligned load/store.

IIRC, you might like to add -misalign to the CFLAGS and
the load/stores will then trap into a handler that will
transparently correct the alignment (at a performance
penalty).  S9 provides trapstat(1M) that should allow
the frequency of these to be monitored.

I know that the DB2 port to Solaris relied for a long time
on the trap handler before they fixed every alignment issue.

I thought that SQLite aligned all values to boundaries that were equal to their size. 32-bit values are aligned to 32-bit boundaries, 16-bit values are aligned to 16-bit boundaries, and so forth. Does the sparc have some alignment restriction that is more severe than that?

Can somebody with a sparc perhaps point out to me exactly
where the alignment violation is occurring so I can fix it?

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565