Thanks! That decreased query time about 3 seconds in the first as well as the second (!) query.
I suppose that the 50 extra seconds of the first query really have something to do with the initialization of the DB.

Bo

 > On my PC the following query requires about 53 seconds:
 >
 >     select * from TABG a, TABB b
 >     where (a.S='3' or a.S='12 or...) and b.G=a.G order by a.G asc;
 >
 > On Oracle with the same scheme and data it requires only 0.4 seconds.

SQLite does not optimize OR terms in a WHERE clause.  Try using
an IN operator instead.  Like this:

   SELECT * FROM tabg AS a, tabb AS b
   WHERE a.s IN ('3','12',...) AND b.g=a.g
   ORDER BY a.g ASC;