eno wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

ok. As I am sure you realize it would be very useful to be able to create case-insensitive indexes with:

create index idx_my_index on my_table(lower(my_column));

How can you be sure which index sqlite will use when there are more indices on a field?

SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE lower(my_column) < "cd"

but I wonder if such a thing could be done with triggers.

/eno

Excuse me for the late reaction, I tried what you suggested, but in a certain project I am bound to SQLite 2.7.3, maybe it has changed.
When I try your solution, the index as suggested is not used, instead a tablescan is done and the lower is called as a function.

Maybe your suggestion works in younger versions of SQLite, I don't know.

Kind regards
Bert Verhees