Hi,

I am currently using sqlite version 2.8.4 on RedHat Linux 7.3 on an IBM x.220 - x.345.

During a recent testing on the above platforms we discovered a performance issue when using both the perl sqlite module as well as the standard sqlite client. When attempting to perform a large number of operations (inserts) on the database the process seems to get 'throttled' only being allowed 1 - 5% cpu-time and running much slower than on a similar system using IDE drives. This only occurs using sqlite and not using other scripts which perform numerous IO operations.

Any ideas?