Thursday, March 25, 2004, 1:33:03 AM, Rohit wrote:

> I was going thru the pager source code ( pager.c ). The comments include
> references to "Journal", "Transaction Journal", "Checkpoint Journal". What
> is the difference between the three? Am I missing something?

There is only one journal file.

"Journal" refers to this file or the act of writing to it.

The "Transaction Journal" has one (before modification image) copy of
each page modified by the transaction. This is used for rollback.

The "Checkpoint Journal" has one (before modification image) copy of
each page modified by a single sql statement that may be rolled back
(e.g., by a trigger) within the transaction. It is a limited form of
nested transaction. There is only one checkpoint active at a time, and
it is within the one and only active transaction.