On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, D. Richard Hipp wrote:

>A design proposal for SQLite version 3.0 can be found at:
>
>     http://www.sqlite.org/prop2.html
>
>Feedback from the user community is strongly encouraged.
>An executive summary of the proposed changes follows:
>
>    *  Support for UTF-16
>
>I do not have much experience with UTF-16 and am
>expecially interested in feedback on that area of
>the design.

For better or for worse (I've not much experience myself) other systems
use wchar to represent UTF-16 strings, so it might be worth adopting that
convention. This may cause problems, though, as we'd have to check if
wchar is defined, and typedef it ourselves if not.

If you're going to be changing the function prefix to sqlite3_, then it
might also be worth changing the header file to sqlite3.h as well, that
way we can also provide a seperate sqlite.h which wraps the sqlite3 API in
the old API. I'd prefer that than being able to use the two library
versions at the same time.

Is there much call for a binary to use two versions of the library at the
same time? Surely the proper dump/restore as discussed a few weeks would
be better for data compatibility?

Cheers,
Christian

--