On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Lloyd thomas wrote:

>Which is the best way to backup rows which meet a certain date criteria?
>ie WHERE data is <= '2003-11-20'.
>Would I need to select and save the data to a temporary table and then DUMP the temp
>table.

Just begin a transaction to get a snapshot of the database, then dump the
data within the transaction. No temporary table needed. Will lock the
database, but it is the only way to ensure a consistent view unless you
are saving data from a single table or view, in which case you won't need
the transaction.

Christian

--
    /"\