Hello Everyone,
I am a contributor on the php project ( my profile is available at http://pear.php.net/user/gurugeek ) where I maintain several extensions.
I am in the process of writing a PEAR package to handle Sqlite backups (both local backups and remote backups) and I am looking for some suggestions.

Is the right way to proceed the db dump ? I assume that copying the db will result in a corrupted file if the db is used at the time of backup.

The aim would be to dump or duplicate a whole database for a local or remote backup with the relevant integrity checks.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention I remain,

Very much obliged,

Regards,
David Costa
PEAR- PHP Extensions and Application Repository Developer
http://pear.php.net/user/gurugeek