I'm using SQLite on a Windows XP system with 1GB of RAM. I'm writing a server which spawns multiple threads for it's connections. It is querying and writing to an SQLite database within each thread. Whenever a query or insert/update statement is issued, the SQLite database is opened, queried/written to, and closed again. When a bunch of queries come in (about 10 in a second, for instance), SQLite reports that the database is locked despite my setting the sqlite_busy_timeout to 150 or so. Certain database writes thus do not take place, which is a major problem. If I detect when my call returns SQLITE_BUSY and sleep for a while (about 100 ms) and re-try the call, it continuously says that the database is locked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Richard Boehme