Hello Dr. Hipp,

I have a question about the following section:

If the SQL COMMIT command turns autocommit on and the autocommit logic then tries to commit change but fails because some other process is holding a SHARED lock, then autocommit is turned back off automatically. This allows the user to retry the COMMIT at a later time after the SHARED lock has had an opportunity to clear.

I think it would be important to know whether COMMIT has succeeded or failed. The user may want to keep on trying, or perhaps try again later. It gives a chance to react. Will we be able to detect this scenario?

Best regards,

-- Tito