Wempa, Kristofer (Kris), ALABS wrote:

Our tool to query the database is written in shell and invokes the sqlite command. Rather than re-write it in C to go through the API, I figured that I'd try changing the read locks to blocking in order to try to save time. Reads ONLY happen through this shell tool. Writes only happen through an API call.

In your ~/.sqliterc file, add this line:

    .timeout 5000
             ^^^^-- timeout value in milliseconds.
                    Adjust to your needs.

Or you can put the ".timeout" line directly in your shell commands.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565