One thing that I've been getting from the conversation around here is that you can run SELECT statements in a transaction and run them like you normally would without waiting for the transaction to commit. Is this correct? I haven't been doing SELECT statements in a transaction because my impression was that I couldn't just do the SELECT and then process it, the next select, etc. until ending the transaction.

If I can run SELECTs in a transaction, I think parts of my app might be speeded up considerably.

Thanks again to the people on this mailing list for clarifying my understanding of SQLite (a bit more, at least).

Richard Boehme