=== On 2004-06-19, D. Richard Hipp wrote ===
>The missing routines were added to Tcl/Tk in version 8.3.
>Version 8.4.6 is current.  Strange that Gentoo would be using
>the very latest version of GCC but still have an archaic
>version of TCL.
>
>I think it is not unreasonable to require Tcl 8.4 in order to
>run the test suite for SQLite.

Yes, it is a bit strange. A quick search revealed that I am using the
last "stable" ebuild (8.3.4), but there is a "masked" ebuild for 8.4.6.

Normally it doesn't take much time to "masked" ebuilds go stable, so I
don't think it is much of a problem.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas