Frank Baumgart wrote:

- the footprint of the shared library is somewhat larger than claimed on the web site (240 KB) Using the same compile options for both, the 2.8.13 shared library is 226 kB while the 3.0.0 is 254 KB (gcc 3.3.1, x86, -Os -DNDEBUG=1)

I use gcc 2.96 and get 239052 bytes == 233 KB for the static library. Perhaps a difference in compilers. Or perhaps the difference is between shared vs. static. I'll give a generic upper bound of 250KB when I do the final release.

- the declaration of "sqlite3_exec_printf()" is missing in the header file, although the function is still present and works

That's a mistake. sqlite3_exec_printf() was suppose to have been omitted. You can accomplish the same thing using a combination of sqlite3_exec() and sqlite3_mprintf().

- is there a compile-time option to use 32 bit ROWIDs?

ROWIDs are stored as variable-length integers. So no extra space is used on disk as long as you use small positive ROWIDs.

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565