D. Richard Hipp wrote:

The intend is to fix SQLite 3.0 so that it generates column names
the same way as other database engines.  Hence it will (in theory)
be compatible and no "AS" aliases will be required.

If somebody can supply me with a consise list of rules for generating
column names, that would be exceedingly helpful in making SQLite 3.0
more compatible with other engines.

All the databases I've ever worked with (postgres, mysql, oracle, mssql) have done exactly what short_column_names does which is:

1. if there is an alias, use the alias
2. if there is no alias, use the column name without the tablename.

Has anyone else seen anything different?

John