In the 2.8 series, an ATTACH command does not honor a specified busy-timeout
value; rather, if the database which is being attached is locked, the ATTACH
fails immediately.  It would seem that ATTACH should honor busy-timeout as do
other commands, and retry until it succeeds or the timeout is exceeded.

If this same issue occurs in 3.0, it would be nice to correct it.  I mention
this now only on the very very small chance that adding header fields or other
file format changes would be involved in the fix.  If, as I expect, that's not
the case, then after the 3.0 official release, I'll verify that the same
problem exists in 3.0 and submit a new report (i.e. after all of the file
format issues have been addressed).

Cheers,

Derrell