"D. Richard Hipp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> QUESTION 1:
> The default setting in version 2.8 is ON.  For version 3.0
> we propose to change the default synchronous setting to FULL.
> Does anybody have any problems with this?

I have no problem with this.

> QUESTION 2:
> We propose to eliminate default_synchronous and have the
> regular synchronous pragma change the synchronous setting
> persistently.  Does anybody have any problems with this?

A possible problem with this is that it creates a naming inconsistency.  There
are other "default_*" pragmas which cause a persistent change.  In looking
through the pragma documentation, I don't see any non-"default_*" pragmas
which currently cause a persistent change, so this one would be unique.

If you were to delete one of the two, I would think it would be to delete
"synchronous" and retain "default_synchronous" given the meaning you are
trying to portray.  Unfortunately, that too would create an inconsistency
(although not as significant of one) in that all of the other "default_*"
pragmas have a non-"default_*" equivalent for transient use.

Derrell