Yes, i'm fine with the synchronous=YES -> synchronous=FULL.
It's the good choice.
But in my case, i always need synchronous=OFF.
I'm working on an high availability project using the model
of Extended Virtual Synchrony. For the speed of
the distributed system during update/insert, i need
to reduce in all nodes the group transaction time.
If a node failure happens, the recovery procedure will
trash and/or resync databases from valid nodes.
That's why i do not care of local disk sync.
For now, it's running with 2.8 because i was unable to
get the same speed with 3.0 and synchronous off... during
my tests, consequences are lots of busy timeout despite the
same busy handler.
I'm sad because concurrency and btree+ storage in 3.0 seems
nicely improved, a great work as far as i can see.

--
Guillaume FOUGNIES