Bob Dankert wrote:
I am wondering if there is some way that a SQLite database file can be
encrypted or password protected, or something similar to this?  I would
like to prevent any mischievous users from digging through the database
if they figure it out to be a sqlite file.

An proprietary encryption add-on is available for SQLite. This add-on encrypts each page of the database file separately using the RC4 algorithm. To an outside observer (someone without knowledge of the key) the database file looks like it contains white noise.

The encrypted version of SQLite is available in source-code form
for a one-time licensing fee.  This enhancement is available for
both SQLite version 2.8 and 3.0.  Contact me directly for additional
information.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565