Hi all,

This is my first mail here, so I'll introduce myself shortly : I'm
Sophie Gautier, leader of the french-speaking community in the
OpenOffice.org project. Louis Suarez-Potts, our community manager, is in
cc of this mail.

The purpose of this mail it to try to find a developer who would be
interested in writing an embedding SDBC driver for SQLite. Why, because
we really love SQLite :) A group of French OOo users have made a lot of
tests on it, have written an how-to use it with OOo, etc... but most of
our users won't use it if the datas aren't embedded in OOo and they really wish to get this functionality for OOo 2.0.

If you are interested, I invite you to read this page to have an
impression of the context :
http://dba.openoffice.org/miscellaneous/dba20.html

This page will give you several hints about technical skills and
requierements for developing the sdbc driver on the OOo side :
http://dba.openoffice.org/miscellaneous/developer_projects.html#embed_sqlite

This mail is an answer on the topic from D. Richard Hipp and give some
point about the SQLite development side :
http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users%40sqlite.org/msg03110.html

Frank Schoenheit and Ocke Janssen, in charge with the OpenOffice.org
Database Access project (http://dba.openoffice.org/), will be pleased to
help you and the French group will be there too to help where he can
(and be sure that you will be a hero for the French community :)

You can contact me directly ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), or join the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] list (you must be subscribe to post on it) for
any question you have.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Sophie