At 9:06 AM +1000 8/28/04, EzTools Support wrote:
No one has answered this query yet. Please can someone help with it. Thanks.
try IeToolbox Passwords & Notes Keeper, Form Filler and much more
www.ietoolbox.com
EzTools Support wrote:
Hello all.
I have found that I can create a table and write data to that table as either UTF-8 or UTF-16 by using "PRAGMA encoding...", so that all of the field names and text data are written as the encoding type. I need to be able to query (discover) the encoding of a table when the encoding is unknown. How do I do this?
TIA
-brett

While this doesn't answer your question, I would ask why you need to know this information?

SQLite 3 provides APIs for both encodings, so you can just use the one that corresponds to the encoding that your application uses internally, for simplicity. SQLite 3 will internally convert back and forth between the API you use and the encoding used on disk, so you don't have to.

Also, unless I'm incorrect, all text in a SQLite database uses the same encoding; you can't choose different ones on a by-table basis.

-- Darren Duncan