Hi,

In Sqlite 3.0, SQLITEMAX_PAGE_SIZE is set to 8192 in the source(pager.h).
We have an application where the database is created in PC (Using Windows
application) and the database contents are read in an embedded application
(in an ARM based platform). When I port SQLITE3.0 in the embedded platform
I find that the stack size is used heavily due to this 8KB value for
SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_SIZE and some structures are allocated in stack using
these values. I need to change is value to a smaller one (preferably 1024
Bytes = 1KB) which is the page size in 2.8.x versions. With regard to this
I have the following clarifications.

1. What will be the impact on the performance if I reduce the
SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_SIZE to 1KB? Will my queries become slower?
2. If I change the SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_SIZE to 1KB in the embedded
application, I am not able to open the database file created by the PC
application (where the SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_SIZE = 8K). Is this the expected
behaviour or am I missing some relevant modifications?
3. If I need to create the DB Files with the same SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_SIZE
with 1KB, is it possible that I get the sqlite3 command line application
created with this value or atleast a reference of how to build sqlite.exe
for Windows with the source code (I could not find enough details in Wiki
page).

Please provide me the details at the earliest.

Thank you,

With regards,
Sankara Narayanan Balasubramanian
Philips Innovation Campus,