On my 64 bit Linux system (Opteron, Gentoo 2004.1 amd_64), the v3.0.6
code builds fine but seg faults during 'make test' in one of the blob tests.
Today I built the code with debugging enabled and used gdb to get a
traceback.  It failed at line 411 of src/util.c, in a strlen() call.

    407   nByte = 0;
    408   va_start(ap, pz);
    409   while( (z = va_arg(ap, const char*))!=0 ){
    410     n = va_arg(ap, int);
    411     if( n<=0 ) n = strlen(z);
    412     nByte += n;
    413   }
    414   va_end(ap);

I added printf's to check the contents of z and the code then segfaulted
in one of my print statements.  Weird.  If anyone has debug suggestions
I'll try them.        -- Al