Hello,

I'm just passing by to say a big fat "thank you" to the SQLite developers.

We actually managed to compile SQLite for an Intermec ck1 barcode scanner/mobile computer (running ucLinux). It required some hacking around as we were not able to get the configure script to run properly, but in the end it worked (with help of the patch here http://www.menie.org/georges/DragonEngine/sqlite.html).

What's most amazing is the incedible speed of SQLite. The scanner is powered by a 66 Mhz ARM CPU by Samsung and still, SQLite stays fast: Searching for a particular scanned barcode in a table containing ~10000 entries is done instantly in much less then half a second.

This fast speed, combined with the really small code size and the impressive feature set is extremely great.

Many thanks to the developers!

Philip
PS: Is there some way to donate something to the team? I unfortunately will not be able to contribute much code-wise, so I think, a donation is the least thing I can do.