[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am working with triggers on a field defined in a table as INTEGER PRIMARY KEY. Agreed, triggers are not fully implemented on int primary key; but, I need the autoincrement
feature.

I always get -1. Can I depend on that -1 until this feature
is implemented?

If you specify the value of the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, you will always see that value in all triggers. If you put a NULL into an INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, you'll always see a -1 on BEFORE triggers but the true value on AFTER triggers. The -1 appears on BEFORE triggers because at the time the trigger fires, the actual rowid has not yet been computed.

--
--  Also create an insert log
CREATE TRIGGER insert_log INSERT ON mesg

If you do not explicitly say "AFTER", it assumes a "BEFORE".

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565