This question is for DRH, mostly, but anybody who feels they know the
internals sqlite, pls answer :

I normally want to operate in synchronous=FULL mode. However, at some point
in time, I would like to turn synchronous OFF,
do a batch operation, and then turn synchronous to FULL again. This is easy
to do. however, at the point where synchronous
is turned ON again, I also want to do a FlushFileBuffers call on all
respective file handles. the pseudo code is like this:

set sync=off
//first transaction
begin
 ... lots of inserts/updates/deletes
commit
// another transaction
begin
 ... lots of inserts/updates/deletes
commit

set sync=on (no pending transactions)

Flush <-

is there a way to do this, other than calling the OS directly ?

If not, may I suggest that an function sqlite3_flush() is added in the API,
for this purpose? I believe others will
benefit, as this is a common scenario.