> From: Mike Shaver
> Subject: Re: [sqlite] How to get the list of rows that were changed during the last UPDATE SQL-command
> Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 05:11:08 -0700

>On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:17:07 +0300, Rami Saarinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >wrote:
>> Should I use triggers? But they seem limited as the only allow the
>> execution of SQL statements.. so I could have a separate table where
>> I'd collect the changed information and process the table after the
>> UPDATE. That sounds kludgey.

>The combination of triggers and user-defined functions (UDFs) should
>let you do this, since your trigger SQL can call out to arbitrary
>native code via the UDF mechanism.

>http://sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_create_function has some
>overview information about registering your own functions with sqlite.

Thanks Mike. I took the OO way and it seems to do the trick well enough (and it has quite a few other benefits). However, the link you provided will most likely be useful as it may well be that I need to add some glue between the database and my system with the user-defined functions.

Sorry for the manual and late reply, but for some odd reason I don't get the daily digests. Today I, by chance, took a quick look to the mailing list archives and saw your reply.

--
Rami