Taka Muraoka wrote:

Under 2.8.11, thread 2 would block at (2) until thread 1 completed its update. Under 3.0.7, thread 2 continues on to but gets a SQLITE_BUSY error. Furthermore, there is no way to handle it other than to roll everything back and try again. In other words, every single place where we write to the database, we now have to add code to detect SQLITE_BUSY and retry. This is clearly not desirable - can anyone suggest another solution? We could shunt all the database updates off to a single thread but that's ovbiously not great either :-(

This is about the bazillionth request for the older 2.8 behavior that provided less concurrency. I'll try to have a low-concurrency solution installed in 3.0 by the end of the week.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565