Chris Bruyere wrote:
> 1) How is the database stored?
>
> I've been looking on the webpages and search the ngs
> but can't find anything like this. About a month ago I
> remember finding a doc which discusses how the data is
> stored but now I can't find it. Did it disappear? Or
> am I just wrong?

Chris,

There is a document  at http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/fileformat.html that
describes the file format for version 2 database files.

For version 3 databases the architecture document has the following info in
the B-Tree section:
B-Tree
An SQLite database is maintained on disk using a B-tree implementation found
in the btree.c source file. A separate B-tree is used for each table and
index in the database. All B-trees are stored in the same disk file. Details
of the file format are recorded in a large comment at the beginning of
btree.c.

I have attached that comment to this message.

I hope this helps.

Dennis Cote