Op donderdag 7 oktober 2004 21:50, schreef Patrick Peccatte:
> I use SQLite 2.8.14 for a documentation application which needs a lot of
> text search.
> Text searchs are done using somethink like:
> SELECT * FROM Texts WHERE CurrentText LIKE '%string to search%';
> I use index on every searchable columns.
> Response time are acceptable until about 100000 texts stored in database,
> but are very very long with 500000 texts in database.
> Is exist any method to improve this kind of search ?
> --
> Patrick Peccatte - Soft Experience

SQLite does not use indices on LIKE operator,

if you want to do text searches, you better create an algoritm to use
something like %word-list-index%

You can do text searcha t the beginning of a string

select..... where text>=" aa" and text<="aa", it finds all words starting with
aa, and uses indexes

regards
Bert Verhees