Ron,

Take a look at the example application in the Linux Journal article

The parameterized queries provide a much better solution than sprintf.
You can grab a complete working app from the link at the end of the
article.

Clay Dowling

--
Lazarus Notes from Lazarus Internet Development
http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/