--- Will Leshner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can't you just use "as":
>
> SELECT t1.column1 as column1, t2.column2 as column2
> FROM tableA t1,
> table2 t2

Yes I could do that but that would not be efficient
for a table with lots of column names. Something like
t1.* is easier to read.

This latest finding makes it more difficult to write
applications that can use different database storage.
If I wanted my app to be able to use MySQL or MSSQL I
would just have to change the DB scripts and not have
to change the field names used inside the app. But if
I wanted it to make use of SQLite, then I would
certainly have to modify the field names inside the
app.

Why not add a PRAGMA type that allows SQLite to return
only the column names?

__
Raymond Irving