At 5:40 AM -0500 11/20/04, j-marvin wrote:
Darren, this is cool.  I can't wait to pass this along to a person
at my job who works with DB's at his full-time job.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Note also that another release of SQL::Routine should be posted on CPAN either today or tomorrow.

I had thought wouldn't it be nice if people would agree on the table
structue of the create
table statement within the sqlite community for all these sqlite db
tools
popping up.  In my own self serving way in part at least because I am
not smart thought of
the standardization because you just know I will mess up the table
relations design.
And like most projects who the hell wants the headache of maintaining
all the changes.
Why cant I borrow someone elses who did it before me who is smarter ;-)
I know it sounds incredibly lazy but because of my brain it takes me
longer to do things
so I often think of things to cut corners to help save time.

SQL is already an international ISO/ANSI standard and should be conformed to as closely as possible. If you mean that you want the community to agree on a parsed representation, then I'm not sure what to say. SQL::Routine implements one, which I hope will gain defacto standard usage.

 I never dreamed a whole language spanning multiple db systems
would end up being developed.  And if you look at some tools out there I
believe the fancy
structure change was omitted because of the headache to support my
theory.  Probably
a feature creep decision.

SQL::Routine is not tied to the database; it is soley a database description model that is strongly influenced by SQL but is not string-SQL. It should work with any vendor of database on equal terms. SQLite 3 is the first one to be tested, though, any day now.

this looks like its required install OS is linux though???
thanks,
jim

No. SQLite runs on any operating system. The SQL::Routine library also runs on any operating system, including the many flavors of Unix or Linux, and Mac OS, and Windows.

-- Darren Duncan