I thought of that first but still no luck. I am using the full path to the file and still get the same error.

Any other ideas?

Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clay Dowling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] unable to open database

Steven Lloyd said:
I have been using SQLite successfully for quite some time.  I recently
installed it on a friends server in order to use it there.

While I am able to access the db file just fine when I run my perl script
from the shell prompt I get the following error when trying to run it from
a cgi-bin.

unable to open database file

It's almost certainly a path issue. Consider using the full path to the database. Path issues are the bane of all web apps, since there are a number of things that can be done to change how both root and the current folder are seen.

Clay

--
Lazarus Notes from Lazarus Internet Development
http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/