On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:29:29PM -0000, Richard Boyd wrote:
> I need a simple way to connect to an sqlite database remotely using tcp
> (over IP). I've had a look at some offerings on the web such as sql relay
> (http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/). This is very comprehensive but seems to
> be a bit too sophisticated for my application and seems to require a fair
> amount of setup. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for a simple
> client server that I could use to request data from databases remotely.

Dunno about simple, since I've not looked at it, but the wiki

    http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ClientServer

points to here:

    http://www.it77.de/sqlite/sqlite.htm

On the same wiki page there is discussion about the TDS protocol. Recently,
I've also come across something called DRDA - "distributed relational
database architecture".

HTH.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>