Hello,

I'm considering using Sqlite instead of Mysql on an embedded product. Since I only need straight forward INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT, and DELETE commands this seems like a reasonable alternative.

Since this would be a new product, I thought I'd try to use Sqlite version 3.

To evaluate the possibility, I need to create the database, merge it into our application, and get it working with our Apache/php web administration module.

My initial question is this: I have a set of SQL statements in a file that builds my desired database. In reading the command line options for sqlite3 it appeared the ".read" command would read this file and execute the statements in the file specified.

Yet when I do that, I see the statements come flying across my command window but there's nothing to indicate success or failure and the database file I specified stays at zero length. So obviously that doesn't work.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any way to perform the batch processing of the SQL statements in my file?

Thanks for any help.

Michael