Tim Anderson wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmet Aksoy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 03 January 2005 11:07
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Advice needed for a new group member

Hi Mike,
There are some reasons for me to prefer older versions:

Ahmet,

Good points, but there are several strong reasons to prefer Sqlite 3.0.
Some of the ones which matter to me are:

1. Supports blobs.

2. Supports case-insensitive comparison.

3. Doesn't store everything as strings (saves space).

I also have a simple Sqlite 3.0 wrapper for D7:

http://www.itwriting.com/sqlitesimple.php

Tim

Hi Tim,
Of course, you're right! They are all important points in general.
But, in my case now, I have no need for blobs, and no large spaces.
Anyway, it would be quite nice if I could make case-insensitive comparisons; but it is not a must.
In my previous project I had used some database components in order to access MSAccess, and bind it to a TDBGrid. I will gain some time if I can use some ready and tested components in my project.
Last week I've tried Aducom components for version 2.8.x, and 3.x.
Old version works nice with the examples, but I couldn't obtain similar results for the new version.
I also tried Zeos components for version 2.8, but I could not succeed even opening existing databases.
Also, I didn't try to convert my existing MsAccess tables yet. I think it will show me the required choice.
I will check your wrappers also, as soon as possible.
Are there any sample databases and/or sample projects for Delphi on the internet which I can download ?
Thanks a lot.
Ahmet Aksoy