On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Steve Milner wrote:

Hello List,

I am having a problem with SQLite erroring out on Mac OS X. I am using 3.0.8. The problem happens when it tries to access a SAMBA/CIFS shared database. In my testing Windows to Linux and Linux to Windows worked fine, but Mac to Windows fails with the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dbclassqascript.py", line 14, in ?
db.query(sys.argv[2])
File "/Volumes/TUX-NET;W/database.py", line 25, in query
cu.execute(query)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlite/main.py", line 244, in execute
self.rs = self.con.db.execute(SQL)
_sqlite.OperationalError: database is locked

All help is greatly apreciated!

Steve

this is (probably) simply saying that another process is accessing the database. can you confirm that no other process (sqlite command line tool included) is accessing the db?

cheers.

-a