What OS does not return NULL or an exception when malloc() fails or is out
of memory?

Sandy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:06 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Is there any way to enable recursive triggers?

One poster mentioned some OS's will not let you know when you're
out of RAM (malloc() never fails). That might be difficult!

--- Darren Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If possible, SQLite should also manage memory so that it has the
> resources necessary to roll back the infinite recursion and carry on
> as normal; SQLite should not crash from an infinity error.

=====

---------------------------------

"Lord Tarlington gazed upon the crazed Egyptian hieroglyphics on the walls
of the ancient tomb of the petrified pharaoh, he vowed there would be no
curse on him like on that other Lord, unless you count his marriage to Lady
Tarlington who, when the lost treasure was found, will be dumped faster than
that basket in the bulrushes."
  Melissa Rhodes

The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and architecture of
Asheron's Call
http://www.lulu.com/content/77264