I have noticed with SQLite (at least this was true with 2.8x, not sure about
3x) that if you try to use an ORDER BY with a table that doesn't have an
index on the field you are ORDERing by, it will do the entire sort
(presumably just the keys) in memory. This will cause you to run out of
memory if the table is too large.