Thanks.

I was considering creating a table for each package identified as
category/grp/class/package/version and storing dependencies and files in
there; but I decided not to cerate thousands of tables :)  I'm still
examining the idea, it may be useful.

Interesting, dependencies(/conflicts) in their own table.