For sqlite 2.8 the documentation says that I can get a SQLITE_LOCKED when I try to execute a statement while in a callback function.

I'm not using callbacks but find that when I try to do an sqlite_exec() while iterating records using sqlite_compile() and sqlite_step() I still get the SQLITE_LOCKED even though the execute is on a tatally different table than was the query.

Can anyone tell me if this behavior is correct and if so, how do I update any table while reading records? e.g., To mark a record as being handled so another thread doesn't grab it.

Thanks,

Michael