On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Kurt Welgehausen wrote:
... CURRENT_TIMESTAMP is broken ...
I don't think it's broken; I think it's just never been implemented.

Hrm. In that case, perhaps I should say "The documentation is broken":

[ http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html#createtable ]

        The DEFAULT constraint specifies a default value to use when
        doing an INSERT. The value may be NULL, a string constant, a
        number, or one of the special case-independant keywords
        CURRENT_TIME, CURRENT_DATE or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP.

... best way to substitute for it ...
It's simple to write a trigger to do almost the same thing.
    <http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html#createtrigger>
    <http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=DateAndTimeFunctions>

Eyup. I was just hoping to avoid that particular extra jiggery.

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."