On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Lee Wenchian Civ AFRL/IFTC wrote:
The code above creates a table storing a temperature value with the current
timestamp.
I would give TimeStamp a type, but I am not sure what type is appropriate
(text or blob).
The code as written does NOT insert the current time stamp to the last
field, but leaving it empty (as NULL indicates).  I would get a syntax error
if I literally leave the second field blank.  Does anyone know how it works?

Welp - if you check the (very recent) list archives, you'll notice that I asked the very same question about TIMESTAMP. At least in 3.0.8, the documentation is wrong. TIMESTAMP isn't implemented in the code ;>

You'll need to write triggers.

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."