I was incorrect  REPLACE INTO is working as stated in  the sqlite reference.
Sorry about that.
Steve

Steve Frierdich wrote:

I tried using REPLACE INTO in an sql statement that was suppose to insert a user into a table if the user did not already in the table and it did not work. The error was SQL error? In the sqlite document it states
that REPLACE INTO is an alias for INSERT OR REPLACE. Any one know why this failed?

REPLACE

sql-statement ::= REPLACE INTO [database-name .] table-name [( column-list )] VALUES ( value-list ) |
REPLACE INTO [database-name .] table-name [( column-list )] select-statement

I also tried using INSERT OR REPLACE INTO in an sql statement that was suppose to insert a user into a table if the user did not already in the table and it did not work. The error again was SQL error? If I just use INSERT in the sql statement it work, user is inserted into the table. Does know why INSERT OR REPLACE INTO does not work?

Steve

Cory Nelson wrote:

Try the UNIQUE keyword when creating your table..

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:34:53 -0500, Steve Frierdich