Ooops ...

Actually the problem was caused by my test program, that remove de the database
file in some cirunstances and left the journal file alone, so, when the new
database is created there is a journal from a previous database and a clean
database file ...

It's all working fine now.

Sorry by the false alarm :(

Alexandre Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm new as a SqLite user, despite a read a lot about it.

I downloaded SqLite 3.0.8 tarball sources and compiled it on MinGW following
the instructions below (I found this instructions googling ...).

It compiled and seems to work well with a Windows console test application I
made. But during the tests, I've got the error message: "file is encrypted or
is not a database", in the next attempt to open the database file; every time
the application is interrupted (eg. with a CTRL-C) during an insertion of
100000 records on one table. This error doesn't happen if the application
concludes ok.

I'm using "PRAGMA synchronous = FULL" in the initialization.

Tracing the execution, I discovered the error occurs when SqLite is validating
the header of the first journal's page.

I need to be able to use the source, because I'm interested to include a simple
data encryption to database file.

Any help to eliminate this error will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

================== Instructions I followed ====================
Change into the sqlite directory and open the configure-script using your
favorite text-editor.
Comment out the following commands by putting a '#' in front of them:

#if test "$cross_compiling" = "yes"; then

# { { echo "$as_me:12710: error: unable to find a compiler for building build
tools" >&5

#echo "$as_me: error: unable to find a compiler for building build tools" >&2;}

# { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }

#fi

. . .

#else

# test "$cross_compiling" = yes &&

# { { echo "$as_me:13264: error: cannot check for file existence when cross
compiling" >&5

#echo "$as_me: error: cannot check for file existence when cross compiling"
>&2;}

# { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }

. . .

#else

# test "$cross_compiling" = yes &&

# { { echo "$as_me:13464: error: cannot check for file existence when cross
compiling" >&5

#echo "$as_me: error: cannot check for file existence when cross compiling"
>&2;}

# { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }

. . .

#else

# test "$cross_compiling" = yes &&

# { { echo "$as_me:13490: error: cannot check for file existence when cross
compiling" >&5

#echo "$as_me: error: cannot check for file existence when cross compiling"
>&2;}

# { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }

Save the configure script, change into the build directory you created and call
the edited configure script from the sqlite directory by using the following
option:

../sqlite/configure --host=arm-linux

After that configure should have created a Makefile and a libtool script in
your build directory.
Open the Makefile using your favorite text editor and edit the following lines:

$(BCC) -o temp temp.c
change into:
gcc -o temp temp.c

$(BCC) -o lemon $(TOP)/tool/lemon.c
change into:
gcc -o lemon $(TOP)/tool/lemon.c

The reason for these changes is that the created files have to be executed on
the PC during the compilation, so we have to compile them with the standard gcc
and not the arm-linux-gcc.

Now you should find a “.libs” directory in your build directory containing
sqlite shared object files, like libsqlite.so.

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador do Yahoo!
agora.